Key Account Manager - Publishing
Reporting to: Sales Director
To deliver budgeted English Language revenue through the sale of English language editions of GWR titles by the direct management of UK key account relationships. Research and develop new sales opportunities and relationships.
- To manage key UK account relationships in their delivery of English Language book sales
- Model and then forecast order requirements based on retailer/GWR strategy; negotiate terms, manage marketing support and develop bespoke, progressive promotional programmes.
- Work closely with PR and Marketing disciplines to ensure initiatives drive sales during the key selling period. This is to include POS development and implementation.
- Work with Finance to ensure timely delivery of publishing sales revenues are achieved.
- Target appropriate new revenue streams and routes to market.
- Responsibility for coordination of all weekly sales data by account. To liaise with Nielsen in the collection and implementation of this data.
- Responsibility for upkeep of all reporting tools as well as account compliance data and departmental presentations.
- To feedback customer’s requests and challenges in the direction of the publishing programme.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- An undergraduate degree with relevant sales experience and knowledge
- A total experience of around 4 to 8 years.
Describe specific skills and experience:
- Familiarity with UK key account structures and UK publishing market essential.
- Sales presentation and account management experience essential.
- Excellence in communication, presentation, negotiation and relationship management at key account level.
- Excellence in systems management, administration, organisation and data analysis.
- Computer skills: MS Office skills essential, in particular Excel.
If you are interested in this role, please send in your CV to email@example.com with your covering letter and salary expectations for the role.