Audience Engagement Manager
£35,000 – £42,000 per annum, dependent upon experience, with discretionary bonus. You also have a great range of employee benefits and training opportunities
Who we are and what we do
Hachette UK is a leading book publishing group with an enviable and inspiring roster of authors. The central Audience Team supports marketing teams across 10 publishing houses in the UK and Australia to deliver great digital marketing campaigns via email, social and web.
What you will be doing
You will act as an internal consultant to our publishing houses, specialising in email marketing and analytics, but taking in the whole consumer journey with elements of social, paid advertising and web.
This is a wide-ranging and interesting role, where you’ll use your experience to ensure successful consumer engagement across a variety of book, brand and community campaigns.
- Using Adobe Campaign to set up and deploy direct marketing campaigns across multiple channels in the UK and Australia – the primary focus will be email, but could include SMS and Push Notifications.
- Customer journey/lifecycle planning (e.g. welcome, retention) using data to personalise communications and drive behavioural change that deepens engagement.
- Assisting publishers to implement test and learn approaches to inform the development of the long-term consumer engagement strategy.
- Analysing campaign performance data and sharing with teams to explain how we can replicate success.
- Creating and maintaining simple and clear reporting templates, and taking the lead in ongoing development of our marketing dashboards – currently on Tableau.
What we are looking for
Our ideal candidate will be a creative and dynamic digital marketer.
You need to be:
- Passionate about CRM and willing to learn new techniques and technologies.
- Able to explain technical information in an easy-to-understand way.
- Quality oriented – maintaining high standards for content and data processes.
- Flexible – in order to support our international publishers with occasional early/late conference calls.
- Able to travel without restriction – there will be occasional travel to our head office in Paris, France.
- Significant experience in product/brand marketing, with a focus on the email channel.
For more details and a full job description, please click here.
Closing date: Tuesday 23 July 2019.