Art Director (Maternity Cover)
Starting 1 May 2019
Head of Zeus is a small, independent and dynamic publisher of fiction (commercial, literary, children’s) and non fiction (humanities, biographies, lifestyle). We publish around 150 trade titles and 150 paperback titles a year.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated and creative Art Director to work in-house and lead and manage our design department from 1 May 2019.
This is a full time position and is offered on a twelve-month contract. It will entail:
- Managing a small and busy art department consisting of Art Director and Graphic Designer; hosting art meetings.
- Having creative oversight across the company's book covers, working with in-house art team and external designers and illustrators to brief and produce around 240 original covers each year and additional e-originals where required.
- Providing art direction support to our lifestyle and children's imprints for their colour and black-and-white illustrated books.
- Working with the production team to produce beautiful covers in a timely manner.
- The art team is also responsible for marketing materials and other visual outputs for the company, and responsibility for these is shared between Art Director and Graphic Designer.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record at a senior level as cover designer for general trade books, and in addition to being a good communicator, they will need to demonstrate excellent organisational skills.
Salary is competitive and will reflect the seniority of the role.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your CV and a covering letter stating your current salary and notice period to Clémence Jacquinet at Clemence@headofzeus.com
The closing date is March 15th, 2019.