Commissioning Editor, Aria
Independent Publisher Head of Zeus is seeking a Commissioning Editor to join their dynamic e-first publishing imprint, Aria. This is an amazing opportunity for a talented, passionate and highly organised individual to develop a list of successful commercial fiction in the fast-moving world of digital publishing.
- Sole responsibility for publishing c.30 authors per year, including commissioning, structural editing, cover briefing, copywriting, author & agent liaison
- Managing the Aria Audio programme
- Managing the Aria Submissions Portal
- Contributing to the development of Aria's editorial and marketing strategy
- Market research and keeping up with genre trends
Experience / skills required:
- At least one year's commissioning and/or structural editing experience
- At least one year's experience of working in digital publishing
- Genuine passion for popular fiction, particularly in the genres of romance, saga, crime, thriller and women's fiction
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
Commensurate with experience
Please submit CV, cover letter, 2x copywriting samples and 2x editorial letter samples to Laura Palmer email@example.com
The closing date for applications is of 1st March.