Independent Publisher Head of Zeus is seeking an Editor to join their dynamic commercial fiction team in a newly created role.
Reporting to the editorial director, you’ll manage all processes of book publishing from acquisition to publication in both digital and print formats. As well as excellent editorial, metadata and organisational skills, you will be a voracious reader with an awareness of the commercial market, particularly in the categories of international crime, techno thrillers, action/adventure, and historical and war fiction.
As Editor, you’ll be a pro-active and productive individual, comfortable with copywriting, contracts, cover briefing, managing production schedules and overseeing innovative marketing plans.
- Work collaboratively with the internal editorial, marketing, publicity and sales teams as well as authors and agents
- Manage a list of c.30 authors per year, through the production process across all formats
- Distribute and check eBooks
- Manage the submissions portal
Experience / skills required:
- At least two years’ experience in trade and/or digital publishing
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Pro-active in looking for new opportunities in which to grow, develop and improve
Commensurate with experience
Please submit CV, cover letter, 2 x cover copy samples and 2 x cover brief samples to Laura Palmer email@example.com
Closing date for submission Monday 11th November.