Senior Publishing Executive
Senior Publishing Executive
12 month FTC
Up to £35,000 per annum
Overall purpose of role
Facilitate the smooth transition to a digital-first publishing model for both the magazine portfolio and the learning materials.
Support the management of publishing relationships to ensure products meet user needs, external key stakeholder priorities, and ICAEW objectives as cost-effectively and profitably as possible.
Main responsibilities of role
Work with the Commercial Publishing Manager in the management of publishing relationships with existing and potential partners, suppliers and content licensors by:
- Project Management of change programmes resulting from the Publishing Retender, Learning Materials Retender and related projects. Tracking progress, preparing for next steps i.e. chasing actions, editing documents, preparing agendas and actions, planning, liaising and organising to ensure all stages run as smoothly as possible from an operational perspective.
- Fielding questions from publishing partners, external stakeholders and internal ICAEW teams, deputising for the Commercial Publishing Manager answering queries efficiently by using appropriate levels of initiative and collaboration, escalating as necessary.
- Problem solving, negotiating and finding pragmatic solutions to one-off issues relating to the portfolio, as they arise. Fostering good internal working relationships at all levels
- Day to day account management of existing contractual publishing relationships; ensuring reports are delivered on performance against contract expectations, income, costs, sales
- Approving content created by publishing partners to ensure sufficient quality, alignment with brief and content strategy; collaborating with Content Team and colleagues across the business.
- Arranging meetings, ensuring new suppliers are set up on our systems, proofing and tidying documents, general support to ensure things run smoothly.
- Keeping abreast of publishing industry developments and trends, specifically those that relate to the ICAEW portfolio of products and channels
Specific duties will vary from time to time in line with the business needs.
Internal and external stakeholder management
- Be proactive in understanding stakeholder needs and identifying solutions to non-standard tasks/queries.
- Look ahead to anticipate what stakeholders might need and plan accordingly
- Communicate openly, directly, honestly and with tact.
- Listen carefully, ask questions and check for understanding of what is being communicated.
- Demonstrate flexibility of style, approach and timing when influencing others
- Plan your own work effectively, whilst reacting quickly, flexibly, rationally and constructively to changing circumstances
- Can-do pragmatic and problem-solving approach based on using your own initiative appropriately
- Maintain focus and optimism under pressure.
- Leave a professional and positive image of your department and ICAEW in all your dealings
Understanding context and priorities
- Understand the bigger picture, the context of the projects you’re working on, how they relate to other aims.
- Questioning why activities need to happen, and how they fit the broader context, being willing to find out some of the answers for yourself
- Demonstrate the ability to work on complex and/or multiple projects alongside ‘business as usual’ tasks, prioritising effectively.
Role specific technical competencies
- Publishing knowledge and experience (both digital and print experience)
- Manage multiple work streams simultaneously
- Flexible whilst well organised, with excellent planning and time-management skills
- Able to build successful working relationships with a wide variety of people
- Effective communicator – written and verbal
- Positive can-do approach
- Customer needs focused
- Good standard of education, competence with standard desktop software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
ICAEW values – all staff are expected to work to these values
The 3 i’s – Initiative Insight and Integrity
The 3 i’s are the values that drive our attitude and approach to working at ICAEW, along with our ways of working being agile, collaborative and innovative.
- Actively collaborating to identify needs and look for innovative solutions.
- Bring together different groups and communities to work together.
- Empowering people to be agile, so they can take ownership and harness the collective efforts of ICAEW in a flexible and responsive way.
- Actively gathering insights to develop innovative and considered thought.
- Collaborating with our networks to voice different perspectives and insights internally and externally to stimulate discussion and debate.
- Being agile in finding new and timely ways to provide understanding and insight to our members, organisations and government
- Acting with transparency, consistency and openness as Integrity underpins all activity we undertake.
- Standing by your principles to adhere to the highest professional standards even when facing adversity.
- Doing the right thing, even when no one is looking.
- Business publishing background
- Demonstrable experience of relationship management and supplier management
- A good understanding of magazine publishing and/or qualifications and textbook publishing
- Demonstrable project management skills, ideally within the context of change programmes
- Efficient organisation and effective prioritisation skills
- Business planning, customer experience, change and project management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Tenacious, approachable and with can-do approach
- Effective communicator - written and verbal
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to think holistically and see the bigger picture
Please send C.V.'s to firstname.lastname@example.org