Production and Administration Assistant
Hours: Part-Time – 20 hours per week
Duration: 6 Months
The International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) is a world leading authority, whose researchers produce independent analysis to advance a wider understanding of global security, geo-economics and geopolitics.
The institute is seeking to appoint a Production and Administration Assistant, to contribute to the work of the Editorial Department. Reporting to the Associate Editor, we would like the new appointee to join us by the end of August 2019.
- Copy-edit and proofread, to IISS House Style, timelines and reports on conflicts around the world for the IISS Armed Conflict Database.
- Upload final content to the IISS Armed Conflict Database.
- Assist with editorial and production duties on other IISS publications as necessary.
- Monitor the online sales inbox for IISS publications for orders and queries.
- Fulfil and record customer orders for IISS publications.
- Respond appropriately to customer sales queries for publications.
- Maintain stocks of in-house publications.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Basic experience of html, working with content management systems, databases or online publication content.
- A demonstrably keen eye for detail and great organisational skills.
- An interest in the commercial aspects of publishing.
- Enthusiasm and be a team player.
- Previous office experience (desirable).
- An understanding of international affairs or security (advantageous).
The post is for an average 20 hours per week.
The IISS provides a full employment package. The benefits package at the institute includes Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance, Health cashback plan, Season Ticket Loan, Cyclescheme and Contributory Pension Scheme. More information about the IISS can be found at https://www.iiss.org/careers.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter highlighting your experience and the skills you will bring to the IISS by email, citing ‘Production and Administration Assistant Application’ in the subject line to email@example.com. The closing date for receipt of applications is 15th July 2019, first round interviews are expected to take place week commencing 22nd July. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to undertake an editorial test during the first round interview.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK. Unfortunately, we will be unable to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Due to the expected volume of applications, only those applicants selected for interview will receive a reply following the acknowledgement email. The IISS is an equal opportunities employer.