Publisher – Books
Location: Stamford, Lincs (home working considered with some travel to Stamford)
Having produced magazines and media for nearly 40 years, Key Publishing is firmly established as the world’s leading publisher of transport and specialist leisure titles. The company has an extensive portfolio of consumer and business-to-business print and digital magazines operating in the sectors of aviation and history, rail and road transport as well as railway and scale modelling, together with a wide range of bookazines and a small number of books.
Key Publishing is now looking for a Publisher to set up, manage and develop a new book division, which would principally focus on the aviation and transport sectors. Reporting to the Group CEO, the Publisher will build our market share in this area by producing best in class content and work with the rest of the team to set up cohesive and cost-effective production processes as well as routes to market. This is a great opportunity for the right person to lead and grow this exciting area of Key’s business.
- Driving the book publishing strategy and programme across the business and ensuring its effective implementation
- Ensuring the profitability of the book publishing division and reaching agreed targets
- Overall coordination of the book production process
- Building and maintaining relationships with writers and authors to develop titles from proposal through to profitable publication.
- Acquisition and commission of new content including third party content, in line with the publishing content strategy
- Leading on the negotiation of royalties as appropriate
- Negotiating and managing foreign language and other reprint rights
- Working with the in-house teams in terms of printing, content distribution, marketing etc
- Expanding Key Publishing’s network in relation to the book division
- Regular assessment of cost centres and making recommendations for improvements accordingly
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Key Publishing is seeking an experienced book publishing professional who will shape and grow this new division of the business. The successful candidate will have a high personal drive, proven influencing skills as well as being able to demonstrate planning and organisation. You will have considerable commissioning experience gained in a book publishing environment, ideally within Key’s core sectors. You will be commercially aware with the ability to identify areas of growth and have the ability and experience to build new partnerships. You will also be a strong communicator with high level negotiation abilities. Your strategic and hands-on approach, together with a keen financial acumen helps you to succeed.
Please send a CV and a brief summary of why you would be the best person for the job to:
Samantha Scholes, Head of HR, Key Publishing Ltd, PO Box 100, Stamford, Lincs, PE9 1XQ
Key Publishing Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Applicants will be invited for interview based on merit.
Closing date for applications: Friday 5th April 2019