Senior Project Manager
This role is for you if you:
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience of project management
- Have great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Are a team player who is looking for a hands-on, dynamic role
- Have both "structure" and "sense of responsibility" as your middle names
- Want to be in a startup environment with passionate people that love what they do
- Have an interest in education and want to make the lives of students and teachers better globally
- Are experienced using Microsoft Office and/or Google apps
- Feel comfortable working with new technologies
About the role
This role will involve working closely with external project managers to research, commission, develop and deliver our ambitious plans for entering a new secondary science curriculum. The role will also involve coordinating a large team of freelance content contributors (textbook authors, reviewers, video creators, assessment authors, etc.) to expand and deepen our digital textbook products. You would be a part of our Content team, which we're looking to grow by several multiples over the coming years.
- Managing and coordinating external project managers on content delivery of digital textbooks
- Some hands-on editorial project management of curriculum-matched textbook and assessment content for secondary international and UK curricula
- Acting as the main point of contact for one curriculum for the Head of Content
- Delivering projects to agreed schedule and budget
- Research, development and commissioning of curriculum content
- Recruiting and managing senior educators and supporting them in creating the best learning experience possible
- Occasionally travelling to schools and conferences in Europe to help find authors and undertake research
- The role may grow to include line management responsibilities
Kognity offers a fast-paced growth environment and a team of sharp minds and big hearts. You’ll get a steep learning curve, unparalleled professional development, and the satisfaction of doing good. We have perks - such as a winter office by the Mediterranean, the possibility to flex up your vacation to 9 weeks per year, and more - but we hope that you will see the biggest perk as being part of an amazing team that does incredible stuff.
Skills & Requirements
You are a doer that believes in structure, quality and taking responsibility. You are good at handling people and are interested in how other people work. You like processes and how they can be improved. You also like speed and to get things done. You have a thorough and structured way of working, collaborating and communicating. You are a true team player and have no problem interacting with whoever is in your vicinity.
- A university degree (Bachelor or higher) in the Social Sciences, Humanities, Sciences, Education, or other related field.
- 3+ years of project management experience.
- Experience of development editing/commissioning content
- Fluent in spoken and written professional English
Other relevant skills
- Experience from the educational publishing sector
- Experience from working professionally in the software sector or in other fast growing companies
- International experience from studies or work
- Having knowledge of UK and international curricula
- Experience of managing freelancers
- Experience of mentoring or managing others
Kognity recruits primarily on personality and attitude, so if you know you can do a great job and feel passionate about what we do, reach out regardless of experience.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org