Book Designer (middleweight)
Laurence King Publishing, one of the world’s leading publishers of books in the creative arts, is looking for a talented and singular book designer to work primarily on their expanding illustrated children’s list.
Working closely with the Children’s Art Director and editorial team, you will be instrumental in designing new books, creating design concepts, advance material and layouts.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to help design and shape a growing list. This is a full-time position based in our offices in Angel, Islington.
Experience and Skills required:
- Graphic Design qualification, degree or equivalent
- At least four years’ experience of illustrated book and book cover design, particularly with regard to the design of integrated text and illustration. Any children’s experience would be an advantage
- A good eye for illustration
- Exemplary communication skills
- Ability to work with a team of in-house editors, manage a varied workload and work to tight deadlines essential
- In-depth knowledge of key software packages, including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
To apply, please send your CV, sample portfolio and covering letter by 2 March to Lesley.email@example.com