Company: Little Tiger Group
Location: London, UK
Salary Description: Competitive
Reference: Management Accountant
Closing date: 1st April 2019
Little Tiger Group, an award-winning children’s books publishing group seeks a qualified Management Accountant with experience in book publishing to work closely with our CFO in overseeing a small accounts team. In addition to Management Accountant responsibilities, you will be involved in commercial analysis and will be expected to develop a full understanding of the drivers of the business, as well as supporting the management team.
The key responsibilities of the Management Accountant are:
• Preparation of the management accounts, and sales reports
• Preparing P&L and Balance Sheet commentaries highlighting any variances to the CFO
• Preparing the financial budget, quarterly forecasting, 3 year financial plans and revised forecasts.
• Title profitability analysis and financial analysis to support the senior management team in decision-making.
• Preparation of year-end working papers and additional analysis for the annual audit and tax computations
• Continually improve working practices and reports to support changing business needs
• Support senior department managers in reviewing financial performance
• Oversee and continually improve the information flow between the different members of the Finance department
• Ad hoc requests and analysis from the Chief Financial Officer and Business Directors
The Successful Management Accountant:
• CIMA/ACCA part-qualified/finalist accountant, with Publishing experience
• Strong technical accounting skills
• Strong finance systems knowledge
• Excellent knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel especially using Vlookup, pivot tables etc.
• Strong attention to detail, particularly when dealing with large quantities of data
• Knowledge of rights and royalty reporting and accounting highly desirable but not essential
• Analytical thinking: the ability to collate and analyse data and identify issues and clear action for resolution
• Self-starter who sets high personal standards & takes personal responsibility for delivering first class service and product
• A keen eye for detail and an approach that is both organised and questioning
• Ability to lead and delegate work to teams
• Ability to interact and engage with business colleagues and adopt a collaborative approach to problem solving
• Ability to quickly learn how the business works and then use that knowledge to sense-check numbers produced in the accounts
Please email your CV, and covering letter to: email@example.com with the subject header ‘Management Accountant LTP’, stating your current salary.