Morgan Healey Exclusive
Our client, a leading society publisher, requires an Associate Director for eBooks & Conference Proceedings.
The Associate Director (ebooks and Conference Proceedings) is a key member of the senior publishing management team and is responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership of the ebooks and conference proceedings businesses.
- Designing the strategic plans for both programmes in conjunction with the Publishing Director.
- Delivering the future growth plan for the ebook and proceedings businesses, including steering new products, services and partnerships within the portfolio.
- Driving and implementing new initiatives and projects.
- Analysing sales and financial data.
- Analysing key publishing issues and trends in the disciplines and markets we publish for and feeding these into strategy and action plans.
- Leading the global ebooks and conference proceedings publishing teams ensuring they are fully versed in the vision and growth plans for the programmes.
- Managing, mentoring and developing the team.
Skills & Experience:
- Educated to degree level.
- A qualification in the physical sciences (MSc or PhD) is useful for the role but not essential
- In-depth knowledge and experience of commissioning, book publishing and the STM industry.
- Direct experience of conference proceedings publishing is useful but not essential
- Extensive experience of people management, leading and motivating large teams in a changing environment
- Experience of the issues faculty, industry professionals, conference organisers, students and librarians are facing
- Thorough grasp of the economics of book publishing
- Familiarity with major open access (OA) developments and business models relating to books and conference proceedings
- Experience in conducting market research to inform and shape product development or publishing strategy
Referrals: We will reward you with GBP500.00 if you know the perfect candidate for this position and our client hires them. You can send contact details of anyone you want to recommend to email@example.com