US Account Manager
SALARY: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum + Benefits
A great opportunity has become available for the position of US Account Manager at Make Believe Ideas, a well-established children’s publishing company based in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire (30 minutes north of London with a direct train link to Euston). We are looking for someone that has excellent customer service and client management skills, ideally with experience in managing accounts and prioritising workloads. This is a fantastic job opportunity for an Account Manager wanting to work on key US accounts or for someone at Sales Executive or Sales Co-ordinator level that is looking to step into an Account Management role.
Working at Make Believe Ideas is an opportunity to be part of an exciting story. We have grown year on year with an expanding market and staff team. The company prides itself on its family culture and we believe we are unique in the world of publishing with our speed to market approach. This role is perfect for an ambitious professional ready to embrace the career prospects offered.
We're looking for an enthusiastic individual to oversee our key US customer accounts and will be reporting directly to the US Sales Director. The role will require hands on key account management to ensure that excellent customer service levels are upheld.
Liaising with our Sales, Creative, Production and Finance departments, you will work quickly, accurately, effectively, confidently and with initiative. You will maintain databases that reflect confirmed orders, track existing product as well as understand the customer’s interest and future sales opportunities to achieve sales targets. You will take an active approach to your customers seeking and securing opportunities alongside the US Sales Director to grow the business.
Applications are welcome regardless of previous experience in the publishing industry although you should have previous experience managing customer accounts within a sales environment.
Your duties and responsibilities as US Account Manager include:
- Comprehensive and detailed Customer Relationship Management (CRM)- being the first point of contact for customer queries and doing the preparation and follow-up for customer meetings
- Maintain and analyse sales databases, spreadsheets and schedules to track and monitor sales, stock and opportunity
- Negotiate prices and schedules, communicating any changes in schedule appropriately and managing customer relationships accordingly
- Communicate with our Creative and Production teams following customer feedback
- Help monitor progress against targets
- Build relationships with buyers via email and phone and internal colleagues
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
Skills and Experience required for the US Account Manager:
- Previous experience managing customer accounts within a sales environment with strong sales and negotiation skills
- Excellent administrative skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise accordingly
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- High attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate/Advanced use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com for review.