Editor, Fiction (maternity cover)
We have a brilliant opportunity for an experienced Editor to cover a maternity leave on the Fiction team. You will work across an exciting children’s list, liaising with authors and illustrators and working with the design team to produce high quality titles to schedule. An eye for detail and excellent organisational skills are essential.
Purpose of the Job
The role of Editor includes taking titles on at first draft and beyond, and working with authors, illustrators and designers to deliver the books on time and to a high standard.
The Editor reports to the Head of Fiction.
- Managing titles from first draft through to finished book
- Liaising with design and production, and keeping to schedule
- Liaising with authors, illustrators and their agents
- Editing, copy-editing, proofreading and checking layouts and advances
- Writing cover copy and sales copy
Key skills, characteristics and capabilities:
- The ability to edit sensitively with clarity and conviction
- The ability to spell and punctuate accurately, plus a strong visual sense
- To be a strong team player with good communication skills
- The ability to take the initiative and prioritise your workload
- Experience in editing children’s books
- Basic design skills using InDesign is desirable
The successful candidate will have the right to live and work in the UK.
To apply, please email your CV and a brief covering letter to Kirsty Stansfield (email@example.com). We look forward to reading your application.
We aim to make Nosy Crow an environment where all members of the team truly thrive, and where everyone feels part of the whole company and of our decision-making.
Nosy Crow is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is an important factor in success and make recruiting decisions based on applicants’ experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Monday 9 May.