Export Sales Manager
We have a really exciting opportunity for an internationally-minded, talented, experienced, and well-connected Export Sales professional to lead the export sales for Nosy Crow’s fast-growing, award-winning Children’s list. The successful candidate will join our team as Export Sales Manager on a full-time basis, working in our London office near London Bridge.
Purpose of the Job:
The role of the Export Sales Manager is to shape and grow Export Sales across the world for the whole of the Nosy Crow list.
It is a pivotal role which combines face-to-face customer-selling and market-management, with support, organizational, strategic and management responsibilities.
The Export Sales Manager reports to the Head of UK and Export Sales and Marketing and will be joining a dedicated, bright and vibrant Sales and Marketing Department.
We are a close team and we value the experience and creative input that we can each provide to help shape our products to be the best they can be.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Responsibility for export territories across the world, including relevant international sales trips;
- Working with the Head of UK and Export Sales and Marketing to deliver a sales growth strategy across all territories;
- Responsibility for handling orders, providing information and sales material, devising and assisting with promotional opportunities, bespoke by territory;
- Liaising closely with the in-house Editorial and UK Sales and Marketing teams to ensure maximum sales from first acquisition to sell-through (including building print runs);
Key skills, characteristics and capabilities:
- Excellent sales and presentation skills;
- Very good organizational and management ability, creative flair, excellent communication skills and an enthusiastic self-starter;
- Previous experience in an Export Sales environment, in a publishing company, of at least two years;
- Ability to constantly prioritise in a busy (but fun!) environment;
- A keen interest in children’s books; board books and novelty, picture books and young fiction;
The successful candidate will require the right to live and work in the UK.
To apply, please email your CV, accompanied by not more than 500 words on what you think you could contribute to Nosy Crow, both personally and as an Export Sales professional. Please send to Catherine Stokes (email@example.com). We really look forward to reading your application.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 3rd November 2019 (UK time).
Nosy Crow is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is an important factor in success and make recruiting decisions based on applicants’ experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.