We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, organised and creative individual to join our team as a Publicity Assistant on a full-time basis. This role is ideal for someone eager to launch their publicity career in a fast-growing company with many high profile and award-winning authors, illustrators and brands.
Purpose of the Job
The role of the Publicity Assistant is to assist the Publicity team in promoting Nosy Crow’s authors and illustrators, our high-profile list of titles and multi award-winning brands. The Publicity Assistant reports to our Senior Publicity Executive, and will be joining a dedicated, bright and vibrant Sales and Marketing Department.
We are a close team and we value the experience and creative input that we can each provide to help shape our products to be the best they can be.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- To work closely with the Senior Publicity Executive to help assist and support creative and targeted PR campaigns that deliver coverage and sales for Nosy Crow.
- To assist the set up and organisation of author tours, events and festivals and to attend where necessary.
- To maintain a range of PR systems including contacts database, review tracking and awards submissions, and to compile and deliver proof mailings
- To provide general admin support and assist in the smooth running of the office and work closely with other departments
Key skills, characteristics and capabilities:
- A keen interest in children’s books and lots of enthusiasm!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Eagerness to deliver the best possible author care
- A great eye for detail and the ability to proofread
- Confidence in building and maintaining relationships with authors, illustrators and key contacts
- Highly organised and ability to prioritise effectively
- Flexible and able to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Willingness to be fully involved in our busy and fun office
- Previous experience working in the children’s book world, a range of press contacts and/or organising festivals, events, conferences and book tours is desirable, but not essential
The successful candidate will have the right to live and work in the UK.
To apply, please email your CV, accompanied by not more than 500 words on what you think you could contribute to Nosy Crow, both personally and as a publicity professional, to Rebecca Mason (email@example.com). We look forward to reading your application.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday December 1st 2019 (UK time).
Nosy Crow is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is an important factor in success and make recruiting decisions based on applicants’ experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.