Salary dependent on skills and experience. OUP offers a full range of benefits.
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire
Global Academic publishes books, journals and digital resources for the research, professional and higher education markets. It is OUP’s largest division with over 1500 employees. A department within the Academic Division, Journals generates c. £140m a year in revenue and is one of the fastest growing departments in OUP with exciting changes ahead.
The Editorial team publishes a list of high-quality journals, many on behalf of prestigious learned societies, and covers a broad range of subjects.
The team has overall responsibility for the success of the list, including managing relationships with societies and academic editors, and for acquiring new journals.
The Publishing Assistant will:
- Provide support to the Publishers, including creation of reports, competitor analysis, internet research, meeting arrangements and preparation of meeting materials, processing of payments;
- Liaise with internal departments (production, marketing, sales and data analyst) for data gathering, report creation and problem solving;
- Carry out agreed research projects;
- Deputize for the Publishers as appropriate including attending meetings and conferences;
- Participate in departmental and division-wide initiatives.
You will be highly motivated with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts. To be considered for the role you also require:
- Good honours degree or equivalent experience/skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience of internet research
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- A good understanding of the research process and the role of publications in the advancement of knowledge and career development
- A scientific degree
- A proven interest in publishing
- Experience of handling and analysing data, using Excel features including pivot tables and VLOOKUPS.
We believe that the skills you bring to OUP are just a starting point. We want you to have the opportunity to expand your abilities, and innovate and develop in areas which both interest you, and support your aspirations.
We care about work/life balance here at OUP; with this in mind we offer 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure), and a 35-hour working week, along with the flexibility to start and finish late or early as required. Our pension contribution is up to 11%.
Wellbeing is really important to us so we also have a wide range of facilities including: a canteen that serves a variety of healthy and delicious meals, a subsidized onsite gym and subsidized coffee shops as well as an active sports and social programme.
Please direct queries to email@example.com
To apply please visit:
Closing date: 16 December 2019
We are committed to supporting diversity in our workforce, and ensuring an inclusive environment where all individuals can thrive. We seek to employ a workforce representative of the markets that we serve and encourage applications from all.