Salary dependent on skills and experience. OUP offers a full range of benefits.
The Oxford Education division publishes digital / print resources for schools and children in the UK, Australia, and Africa, and for schools teaching English globally.
Our UK Trade department is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated account manager, to oversee the sales of the ED-UK products to a variety of retailer and wholesale customers in the UK (including non-traditional wholesalers), whilst maximising profitability and marketing opportunities.
ABOUT THE ROLE
• Maintain, administer and develop existing trade customer relationships, through planned individual account support.
• Create and execute sales and marketing plans across a variety of retailers and/or wholesalers within the UK book trade, so that divisional targets are met and market share is increased.
• Meet with clients representing OUP at appropriate book launches, trade events and exhibitions to maintain and improve OUP’s profile.
• Provide feedback on OUP titles, the external market and competitor’s activities to contribute to the development of sales and marketing plans.
• Be the ‘brand champion’ for key products and series from a specific area of the publishing portfolio. Represent the needs of the sales team in relation to this publishing, and attend key meetings as appropriate.
• Manage all aspects of internal and external stakeholder relationships.
We are looking for someone who has experience and knowledge of the UK book trade, along with and sales management experience. A keen interest in the children's books and the education market is also desirable. If you have a proven background of developed sales skills and techniques, or are a children’s books specialist looking for the next opportunity, you could be an ideal candidate to join this team, to successfully manage and promote the full range of children’s and Educational titles.
• A proven ability to prioritise a challenging work load
• Good computer literacy including a good knowledge of excel and other MS programmes
• Self-motivation and drive, with a strong ability to work well in a team, whilst focussing on individual goals and targets
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
THE ROLE WILL REQUIRE SOME TRAVEL WITHIN THE UK, SO IT IS ESSENTIAL FOR THE POST HOLDER TO HOLD A DRIVING LICENSE.
We care about work/life balance here at OUP; with this in mind we offer 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), and a 35-hour working week, along with the flexibility to start and finish late or early as required. The environment you work in and your wellbeing is really important so we also have a wide range of facilities including: a canteen that serves a wide variety of healthy and delicious meals, a subsidized onsite gym and subsidized coffee shops. Amongst further benefits, our pension contribution is up to 11%.
To apply please visit:
Closing date: 7 August 2019
We're committed to supporting diversity in our workforce, and ensuring an inclusive environment where all individuals can thrive. We seek to employ a workforce representative of the markets that we serve and encourage applications from all.