PFD is one of the leading literary agencies in London providing specialist expertise to its clients in all aspects of publishing and media. PFD require an associate agent to work alongside our primary children’s agent, to work with existing authors and to develop new opportunities, especially in commercial fiction aimed at young children, commercial YA, fantasy and sci-fi, young illustrated fiction for children aged 5-7, and commercial returnable series for all ages.
- Building own children’s list and supporting the Primary Agent
- Liaising closely with authors, illustrators and publishers
- Assessing manuscripts and discussing editorial thoughts with authors
- Negotiating deals and contracts
- Ideally two years’ experience in children’s publishing and some previous experience in rights
- Highly motivated and organised
- Avid reader of children’s commercial fiction and non-fiction and passion for picture books and illustrated younger fiction
- Highly commercial taste in children’s and YA books
Central London location. Find out more about the company and our clients on our website https://www.petersfraserdunlop.com/about-us/. Please apply with your CV, cover letter and salary expectations to Fiona Petheram email@example.com by 17 May.