Spoken word is booming.
At Penguin Random House Audio, the UK’s leading audiobook publisher, we are dedicated to making the best audiobooks on the market. Working with exceptional acting talent – from Benedict Cumberbatch to Sian Clifford – we create award-winning audiobooks.
We’ve had over 50 different titles at #1 in the Audible charts most recently with The Handmaid’s Tale narrated by Elisabeth Moss, The Secret Commonwealth narrated by Michael Sheen and Mythos narrated by Stephen Fry.
Our recent Penguin Classics ‘Happy Listening’ campaign, where we published 50 new Penguin Classics audiobooks on a single day, was featured in The Sunday Times, Stylist, I and Guardian with interviews from a number of the high profile cast.
This is an exciting time to join a fast-paced team that is setting a precedent for innovative and groundbreaking work. You’d be developing our audiobook publicity strategy, showcasing our narrator talent and building the Penguin Random House Audio brand. We’re looking for someone with drive and ambition who can identify opportunities and go after them. You’d need to be skilled at building networks both internally and externally and able to deliver results.
If you’re passionate about audio and excited by the prospect of establishing a new role within this fast-growing and high profile area of the business, we’d love to hear from you.
Publicity Manager, Penguin Random House Audio
Penguin Random House Audio is looking for an experienced Publicity Manager to join their marketing team on a 12-month fixed term contract, in the fastest growing segment of publishing.
In this role, the Publicity Manager will develop and execute strategies to promote audiobooks from Penguin Random House Audio’s award-winning list of 1,000 titles for audiences of all ages.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Generating ideas for publicising the audiobook format and Penguin Random House Audio’s titles covering a wide range of genres, from celebrity memoir, to politics to YA and children’s books.
- Writing press releases, booking interviews with narrators, and placing audio excerpts with national media.
- Researching, creating and maintaining media lists and identifying new opportunities for audiobook coverage.
- Liaising with other Penguin Random House publicity departments and Authors to feature audio in their campaigns.
- Setting up an influencer programme to develop ongoing review coverage
- Setting up and sharing monthly media coverage reports
- Experience within the entertainment industry developing actor/agent relationships preferable
- Excellent black book of media contacts across entertainment, lifestyle and national media
- Passionate about audiobooks
- Possess exceptional writing and communication skills
- Displays keen attention to detail, and demonstrate the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities
If your skills and experience align with this role and you’re interested in joining our Audio team, we’re keen to hear from you.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by Sunday 8th December.
Company: The Random House Group Limited
Country: United Kingdom
Postal Code: WC2R 0RL
Job ID: 45705