Macmillan International Higher Education Account Executive (Inside Sales)
Macmillan International Higher Education is a cutting-edge publisher of textbooks and learning resources for university level students. Our ambition is to develop relevant and impactful course content that serves the needs of educators and supports the success of today's students. Our policy is always to think content first – finding you the best possible textbook for your course and supporting that with carefully built and appropriate technology solutions and interactive e-learning products.
Are you passionate, energetic and results driven, looking for your next career move in publishing or sales? If so, we may have the ideal position for you to grow, learn and share your drive as part of a recently implemented Inside Sales team focussed on winning new business. You will be an essential part of the sales team, working on your own customer accounts to explore new contacts, relationships and close new adoptions and direct sales. The key to your success will be to manage your time effectively so you’re reaching large numbers of academics but also establishing longer term relationships to maximise customer satisfaction and sales. You will also work with the wider marketing, editorial and field sales team, sharing valuable customer feedback and spotting opportunities to collaboratively win big business. This role carries with it a great opportunity to learn from more experienced field sales colleagues but also contribute to a new team, with your creativity, motivation and enthusiasm to succeed.
- Find target modules and contacts on university websites
- Via telephone and email, you will proactively find key decision makers, establish responsibility and budget, identify customer needs and match core products to those requirements, presenting ideas, solutions and closing sales
- Reach or exceed sales targets and objectives as given each year in the territory
- Deliver and measure your own results against priority campaigns
- Seek out new business opportunities for our digital products
- Confidently deliver presentations via telephone and webinar
- Keep accurate and up to date sales records via SAP CRM system
- Share customer, product and market insights with other sales reps, marketing and editorial
Our ideal candidate
- Be educated to degree level
- Have a proven track record of hitting sales targets
- Have experience of working in publishing (desirable, not essential)
- Be willing to travel occasionally in the territory
You will have:
- A passion for education and a desire to help transform learning through print and digital publishing
- Comfortable with selling by phone, email and confidence delivering online presentations
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence in dealing with lecturers and university staff
- Self-motivated, results oriented and willing to learn new skills
- Strong organisational skills and good time management
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.5 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media.
At Springer Nature we value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We recognise the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.