Macmillan Children's Books
Macmillan Children’s Books is a division of Pan Macmillan and is one of the UK’s leading children’s publishers, creating great stories for all ages for over 150 years.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Rights Manager to join the busy and successful Rights team at Macmillan Children’s Books for a maternity cover contract (12 months fixed term), with the opportunity to sell across our novelty, picture book, fiction and non-fiction lists. You will be responsible for co-edition and sub-licence sales in agreed territories, and you must have a proven publishing rights background with at least 5 years of co-editions sales experience. The role will involve international travel, and applicants should ideally speak another language. You should have plenty of self-initiative, be a great team player and have excellent communication skills.
- Sell co-edition and translation rights across all children’s lists
- Maximise rights sales turnover and profit for agreed territories, reaching and exceeding sales targets
- Research and identify prospective new customers and exploit potential for sales growth
- Build relationships with new and existing customers
- Attend book fairs and undertake regular sales trips to allocated territories
- Liaise with colleagues across editorial, design and production to ensure the success of co-edition printings
Experience / skills required:
- At least five years of co-editions sales experience
- Solid rights sales experience in a book publishing environment
- Proven organisational and time management skills
- First-class communication and negotiation skills and fluent written and spoken English
- Fluency in a second language, Spanish desirable
- Willingness to travel regularly
- Determined, positive and a team player
- Good working knowledge of Biblio
This role is a maternity cover role and will be for a fixed term of 12 months.
The position is based at our offices in King’s Cross, London moving to stunning new offices in Farringdon in Autumn.
To apply, please submit your named CV and named covering letter confirming your current salary and notice period, quoting reference PAN/005/19 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all personal information which we process in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice available here: https://panmacmillan.com/recruitment-privacy-notice. Please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice before submitting your application
Closing date: 22nd April 2019
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for the vacancy.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position.