Key Account Manager, Childrens
Could you transform a book into a bestseller?
The PRH Children’s UK Sales team are on the hunt for a Key Account Manager on a 12-month fixed term contract.
We are looking for a team member that is customer-focused, exceptional at building relationships, and has both excellent analytical skills and a flexible can-do attitude.
Reporting to our UK sales manager, your mission will be to manage our relationship with key retailers and maximise turnover, with a key focus on our pivotal Waterstones relationship. You’ll do that by working closely with the Penguin Random House Children’s publishing team to proactively drive sales opportunities and connect our customers with our authors, brands and books.
You’ll use your analytical head to get to grips with how our books are performing against our own targets as well as the overall market data, and then bring that marketplace expertise back to your colleagues.
If you’re up for the challenge, here’s what you’ll need:
- Proven track record of building exceptional customer relationships. This could either be through account management experience, or bookselling but either way you’ll be able to work well with others to maximise the potential of our books on the high-street.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills - you’ll be able to connect quickly with customers and colleagues alike to build trust and get people onside
- A keen focus on the commercial side of the business – you’ll be proactive and forward thinking making the most of and seeking new opportunities
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for children’s books and market
- Strong IT and presentation skills
We know that our employees are the heart of our business and have benefits that reflect our commitment to them, more information can be shared at interview stage but please find a summary below:
- 25 days paid holiday entitlement, plus bank holidays.
- Medical cover
- life assurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Personal Learning Allowance
- Generous pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Extended Parental Leave
- Summer working hours
- Volunteering policy, and charity matching
- 60% Discount on Company books
Please apply with your CV and cover letter no later than Sunday 1st December 2019.
Company: The Random House Group Limited
Country: United Kingdom
Postal Code: WC2R 0RL
Job ID: 46851