One of the most diverse and vibrant publishers in the market, Penguin Random House Ireland, is looking for a confident and commercially aware individual to join their established team as a Key Account Manager on a 12 month maternity cover.
Reporting to the PRH Ireland Sales Director, you will take responsibility for maximising turnover across a selection of Penguin Random House titles. You’ll be market facing and expected to develop some of the strongest and most effective customer relationships in the marketplace whilst, at the same time, expected to build successful links with key internal stakeholders.
We’re looking for passionate and financially astute team players to be part of the next stage of Penguin Random House’s journey in the Irish market.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with a wide variety of contacts within each customer and relevant publishing division
- Maintaining an in-depth understanding of the relevant customer and use this knowledge to deliver the best possible sales opportunities
- Negotiate promotional discounts with the customer in line with group policy in order to hit sales targets
- Negotiate promotional and marketing spend with the customer both in line with group policy and our aim to achieve the most profitable result.
- Manage the divisional customer support budget to deliver the best return of investment for the company
- Monitor the customer’s sales and market share and communicate regular updates to the wider team
- Create and implement strategies for each customer to ensure optimum sell-on for new titles
- Create and implement backlist strategies
- Create bespoke product where relevant
- Constantly be creating and implementing innovative promotional ideas to drive sales
- Developing strong relationships with both the internal operational teams and the teams at TBS to manage the ordering process through to distribution
- Manage customer returns, interrogating performance and communicating regular updates
- Ensure the compliance of in-store promotions
- Work in conjunction with PRH Ireland publicity teams to plan and execute campaigns to drive sales through the retailer promotions
- Follow group strategy and directives with wider sales team in both Ireland and the UK.
We’re looking for someone with proven experience of managing customer relationships and accounts, ideally within a publishing/creative environment. You’ll be a confident presenter and negotiator and brilliant at pitching to win business and get the buy in of your customers. You will thrive in a busy environment, be highly motivated and enjoy responding quickly to customers and closing deals. We need someone persistent but charming and brilliant at forging new relationships swiftly. Importantly, you’ll be opportunistic and make the most out of every situation that arises and be curious about new opportunities and developments in the marketplace.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply with your covering letter and CV 23rd of July 2019