Interim Head of Account Management (Pottermore Publishing) – Maternity Cover
REPORTING TO Publishing Director
REPORTS 2 x Account Managers
Data Analyst & Account Team Intern
Pottermore Publishing is the global digital publisher of the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts series as well as other audiobooks and eBooks from the Wizarding World™. We aim to lead the way in innovative digital publishing and to bring new generations of readers together with long-standing fans, celebrating and bringing to life the stories that first began with the Boy Who Lived.
We are looking for an Interim Head of Account Management to oversee Pottermore Publishing’s relationships with our global retail and library sales agents and to develop our commercial and marketing strategy. The successful candidate will have proven sales and account management experience as well as strong interpersonal skills. Opportunities for flexible working if required.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To oversee Pottermore Publishing’s relationships with global retail and library sales agents, and focusing on developing the commercial and marketing strategy for both eBook and Digital Audiobook accounts. Will also be responsible for sharing sales and market insights with the wider team and providing commercial forecasting for Publishing products.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Managing a high-functioning and target-driven Accounts Team who maximise sales opportunities with global partners
- Setting and ensuring the delivery of annual budget targets, at an account and sector level
- Establishing, agreeing and implementing commercial strategies by market for the realization of sales potential
- Tracking and reporting on sales results, promotional outcomes and performance issues around product availability, sales trends and discoverability
- Working with the marketing team to develop and implement high impact and commercially creative campaigns
- Producing regular reports and analysis
- Ensuring quarterly business reviews with key partners are established with clear objectives and outcomes
- Working with product, marketing and operations teams to forecast sales of new and existing publishing products and help deliver the Pottermore Publishing schedule
- Developing a detailed knowledge of the company’s products and pricing
- Maintaining, developing and strengthening the collaboration with teams across Pottermore Publishing and The Blair Partnership
Experience, Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Proven sales and account management experience with an ability to deal with complex sales environments and challenges
- A thorough, global, understanding of digital sales within the publishing industry and how these could impact key account activity
- Strong interpersonal skills - a collaborative team player able to build and maintain relationships internally and externally
- Creative and driven approach to building an ambitious account strategy
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills (intermediate to advanced Excel skills)
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- A flexible and proactive attitude approaching projects sensitively and creatively
- Organised and pays attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize work effectively within the scope of the business needs and to work in a fast-paced environment
Candidates can apply here.