Metadata Coordinator and Production Assistant
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The key purpose of the role is to ensure our metadata and digital assets are managed effectively in-house and externally, and that changes are executed seamlessly, accurately and on time. The role holder will have accountability for the collation and delivery of product metadata across the full range of products, in all of Pottermore Publishing’s business areas.
The role holder will also be the main business user for BiblioLive and CoreSource, and will have a key role in assessing new business needs as well as implementing and testing changes to these systems.
In addition, the role holder will be trained to support the Product team in the creation of eBooks and the recording and remastering of audio books. This will involve working closely with partners and suppliers on a range of products in multiple languages. Tasks will include market research, trafficking assets and product testing.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Digital Distribution and Publishing Systems Management
- Managing metadata and digital asset deliveries to existing retail and library partners and establishing and testing new distribution feeds as a part of partner onboarding process
- Ensuring that Pottermore is accurately maintaining its publishing information internally and externally, including maintaining and developing in-house metadata databases where required
- Managing the technical/operational relationship with Pottermore’s digital distributor to ensure service levels are maintained at all times
- Undertake and coordinate post deployment checks to ensure accurate delivery of metadata and digital assets
- Be the first point of contact internally and externally for quality issues and digital supply chain queries, pro-actively investigating and resolving all distribution issues
- Train and provide on-going support for internal users designated as secondary points of contact for managing metadata and digital asset deliveries to retailers
- Support the team across testing, troubleshooting, requesting relevant development to Pottermore’s bibliographic database and distribution system
- Monitor Pottermore’s complex metadata and digital assets, especially pricing & availability information,
- Production Support
Work with the eBook and Audio team to review, test and approve eBooks and audio recordings, managing the relationship with external QA partners and getting quotes for new pieces of work.
Experience, knowledge and skills
- Metadata management and expertise essential
- Focus on quality and attention to detail
- Experience of capturing and documenting requirements; and managing these with technical and non-technical functions to co-ordinate delivery
- Flexible, team player interested in career development
Please send your application to email@example.com