Publicity and Marketing Executive
Publicity and Marketing
Crazy for Kusama? Bonkers for Bellini? Fanatical for Frida Kahlo? Know your Bourgeois from your O’Keeffe? Your Viviane Sassen from your Dorothea Lange? Then this could be the job for you. A rare opportunity has arisen for a dynamic publicist to join one of the world’s leading art book publishers in its Central London office to work on publicity and marketing campaigns for books by leading artists, designers, photographers and architects from all over the world.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Publicity and Marketing Executive is responsible for the UK publicity, marketing and promotion for all Prestel books from the publisher’s US, German and UK programmes. The main duties of the role are as follows:
- Planning and effectively managing press and marketing activity - including devising and implementing publicity campaigns in print and online, including reviews, advertising, promotions, media partnerships, website content (in conjunction with the publisher’s Munich office), social, online and direct marketing
- Setting and implementing annual marketing plans and managing budgets
- Managing marketing interns
- Managing publicity of all Prestel titles in the UK and, together with our overseas agents and representatives, in Europe and the Rest of World outside German-speaking Europe, North and Central America
- Sending out review copies, writing press releases and maintaining contacts with journalists and media
- Organising press and radio reviews, which will include follow up work, clearing pictures of copyright, preparing authors for interviews
- Face-to-face meetings with reviewers, editors, and writers at print, online, radio and television media
- Occasionally outsourcing to and managing freelance PR agencies
- Liaising with counterparts in Munich and New York offices
- Compiling press cuttings and keeping the New York and Munich offices, as well as the in-house sales team, informed of press campaigns and coverage
- Web advertising
- Outdoor and space advertising
-Social media management (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
-Conceiving and carrying out direct marketing campaigns, where necessary, often to tie-in with PR campaigns
-Overseeing creative output and ensuring book and brand awareness throughout Prestel UK’s territories
-Forming and developing joint marketing partnerships with other creative organisations, corporate partners, museums and art galleries
- Book launches
- Co-ordinating author events, signings, appearances, tours including arrangement for on-site selling of books in liaison with the in-house sales department
- Organising Prestel attendance at specialist conferences and fairs
- Developing and overseeing new marketing and PR initiatives, including organisation of Prestel’s attendance at events such as international arts and photography fairs
- After publication, the publicity and marketing executive becomes the main point of contact for authors making intelligent feedback and author care an essential element of this position
- Literary festivals, workshops and bookshop signings
- Liaison with editors in New York, Munich and London over list development from a publicity and marketing perspective
MONITORING AND ANALYSIS
-Ensure targets are met by monitoring effectiveness of campaigns
-Evaluate the success of campaigns including producing post-campaign reports.
-Management of budgets for marketing initiatives, events and partnerships, following organizational procedures, monitoring expenditure and obtaining value for money.
To apply please email your cover letter and C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date Friday 22nd February.