Job Location: London, UK
The Quarto Group is looking for a Foreign Rights Executive to join its market-leading London-based Foreign Rights Team. As the leading global illustrated book publisher and distribution group, The Quarto Group produces over 800 titles a year, which in turn are sold by the Quarto Foreign Rights team into over 45 countries and in over 35 languages.
Quarto requires an enthusiastic and organized Foreign Rights Executive to sell an exciting array of Adult lists in all Chinese speaking markets. Fluent Mandarin is a must for this position. The portfolio includes a great diversity of titles from reference books to practical and educational books. This is a rare opportunity to join a large co-edition group and a performant international team based in London, close to King’s Cross station.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Managing and increasing sales targets in Chinese speaking markets for a selection of our Adult imprints.
- Delivering outstanding customer service and ensuring smooth post-sale admin for all Chinese language deals, including those of your fellow Chinese language rep.
- Working in close partnership with the line management and the publishers to ensure the suitability of the books and grow the sales by providing and coordinating creative feedback on content and taking part in establishing and driving the team’s strategy to exceed targets.
- Growing Quarto’s customer base in all Chinese language markets
- Travelling up to 10 weeks a year and attending several book fairs, including Beijing and Taipei, and reporting on customer and market feedback.
We are looking for:
- A team player, highly organized and reliable; able to collaborate efficiently with internal/external colleagues in a busy and fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in Mandarin is desired, both written and conversational; knowledge of another Asian language is of advantage
- International rights and/or account management experience in publishing.
- Outstanding communication, sales and negotiating skills; experience in building and maintaining customer relationships.
- Commercial awareness
- An eye for detail
Please send your CV, cover letter and salary expectations, to: email@example.com
The successful candidate must possess the right to work in the UK. Quarto Publishing plc. is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and treatment, ensuring an inclusive and diverse environment.