Foreign Rights Intern
Job Location: London, UK
Quarto is looking for a highly-organised individual interested in learning about Foreign Rights to join our London team for 3-6 months.
The Quarto Group is the leading global illustrated book publisher and distribution group and is listed on the London Stock Exchange. Combining the might of a major and the creativity of an independent, Quarto creates more than 600 adult and children's books a year. These books are sold by the Quarto Foreign Rights team into more than 45 countries and in more than 35 languages.
Duties will include everything from preparing sales material for trips, sending out material to customers, assisting with the preparation for the major trade fairs to researching new sales opportunities and creating marketing tools.
You will finish the internship having gained experience in various aspects of Publishing and the world of Foreign Rights in particular.
We are looking for someone with:
- all the organisational skills needed to efficiently multi-task in a fast paced environment
- the ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and be able to collaborate effectively with internal colleagues
- excellent verbal and written communication skills and a good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- an interest in learning new skills
- Knowledge of German or of language from Central and Eastern Europe or Scandinavia
The position begins on July 1st . This is a paid internship [£8.21 per hour] and you will be expected to work around 35 hours a week based in our central London office. We can be flexible based on your own schedule.
If you feel like you meet the above requirements, we would love to hear from you! Please send a full CV and letter of application to Constance Parpoil Constance.Parpoil@quarto.com
Quarto Publishing plc. is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and treatment, ensuring an inclusive and diverse environment.