Junior Designer – 6-month, full-time fixed term contract
Quarto Publishing – a leading illustrated book publisher - produces books with a well-deserved reputation for style and quality. We are looking for a Junior Designer to join our creative and dynamic, non-fiction publishing team, based in our busy Islington office. The role will initially be full-time on a fixed-term 6-month contract.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about book design and has plenty of new and creative ideas to bring to our talented adult book team.
A minimum of 1 year graphic design experience in illustrated books is preferred for this position.
- Photoshop manipulation and photo management, basic Illustrator design, and picture research as and when needed.
- Cover design as briefed and when needed.
- Taking in design corrections to materials as briefed by the design team.
- Establishing style sheets, master pages and accurate working files - essential for book production.
- Setting up all files in accordance with our bespoke pre-flight software.
- Working closely with the editorial and design team to ensure that reprints are delivered to schedule and are correctly set up.
- Passionate about design and adult non-fiction book publishing.
- Proficient in all Creative Suite 2019 programmes: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator as well as strong typographic skills.
- A strong attention to detail.
- Rises to the challenge of meeting tight schedules and able to manage multiple projects at any given time.
- Ability to accept criticism.
- Positive and confident team player with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Only successful applicants will be contacted. Closing date for applications is Friday January 3rd, 2020.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter along with a PDF or link to your portfolio to: Gemma Wilson, Art Director, Quarto Books, firstname.lastname@example.org