We are looking for a hardworking and enthusiastic Editorial Assistant to join our lively team. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be part of the development of a young but successful academic publishing company.
Responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
• Providing editorial and administrative support to our Commissioning Editors across our subject lists, including drawing up contracts and carrying out course research.
• Maintaining close contact with authors to ensure manuscripts are delivered to schedule
• Preparing manuscripts for production
• Working with colleagues in production, sales and marketing
• Attending conferences, as required
We are looking for a highly motivated graduate with the following attributes:
• Some experience of publishing
• Well-organised and hardworking
• Meticulous, efficient, with good attention to detail
• Flexible approach with ability to prioritise effectively
• Good time management with ability to meet deadlines
• Strong IT skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Professional telephone manner
• Enthusiastic team player
• Excellent communication skills
To apply for this position, please submit a CV and covering letter to Isobel Cowper-Coles, Assistant Editor, Philosophy (email@example.com) by end of day, Friday 27th March 2017.