We have a fabulous new role for an experienced Sales Manager to join the Higher Education and Further Education Sales Team of this Hampshire based global educational publishing organisation. The Sales Manager HE & FE will report to the Head of Sales for UK & Europe and will assume responsibility for developing and implementing a coherent sales strategy and effectively managing the UK sales team, being responsible for the UK and Ireland.
This is a key role in the department and key responsibilities will involve:
- Achieving targets through effective line management of the Inside Sales Consultants and field-based Learning Consultants ensuring they maximise territory sales and billing goals by achieving call rate targets and effective resource mapping to their customers.
- Recruiting, leading, managing and developing a high performing sales team across the UK & Ireland.
- Contribute to the development of a successful sales strategy for all territories by supporting the Head of Sales for UK & Europe, by preparing and presenting sales forecasts and devising methods for expanding sales and implementing a customer care strategy for future growth.
- Implement sales and business strategy by handling specific new business or renewals, and making commercially sound price quotation recommendations.
- Identify and contribute to new business development opportunities by actively exploring commercial opportunities, to develop partnerships with HE & FE institutions and affiliated organisations across the region.
- Monitor competitor activity across the region including wins, sales strategies and personnel.
Further responsibilities include representing the team at sales management group meetings, managing the team costs effectively and ensure all expenses remain with budget. You will also ensure that staff are aware of and compliant with company policies and procedures.
The successful person will be educated to degree level or equivalent and will have significant sales experience, ideally within the educational publishing or information industry, with a thorough understanding and experience of consultative selling. You will be able to demonstrate your ability to negotiate large institutional deals and sell to senior decision makers within HE and FE institutions. You will be highly motivated, with a strong track record in working collaboratively with colleagues at all levels and across all territories. Proven experience of managing and developing sales personnel (including recruiting, coaching, training and managing is essential. Sales management experience with a strong understanding of the HE and FE sectors would be advantageous.
This role has the opportunity to work remotely with monthly attendance in the office.
This position carries an attractive salary and incentive scheme, along with generous company benefits, including a car allowance. If you would like further information on this highly desirable new sales role, please send us your CV and a short cover letter, outlining your interest and salary expectations.