Editorial Assistant (Product Innovation)
- Provide administrative and commissioning support to the Commissioning Editor, SAGE Research Methods (SRM).
- Assist and support in the day-to-day work activities of the SRM Commissioning Editor (CE), Assistant Editor and Commissioning Editors in their development of online products.
- Ensure that SAGE offers a high level of service to its authors, editors, vendors and content suppliers within the editorial assistant's areas of responsibility.
- Work closely with colleagues within SAGE, both across departments and globally.
- Researching, collating names of potential authors and content partners;
- Assisting the CE in the conduct and write-up of market and product research;
- Obtaining information on and analysing competitor products;
- Obtaining and managing peer reviews of content when required;
- Checking and obtaining permissions;
- Working concurrently across several computer systems and on several different projects to record content and project status;
- Transmitting content between departments to meet schedules;
- Communicating with authors and content partners to meet deadlines;
- Metadata & taxonomy creation;
- Reviewing case, dataset and video content for errors or inaccuracies.
- Creating author templates and submission guidelines for new SRM modules;
- Assisting with commissioning outreach by email and answering queries;
- Ensuring that all payments made are done in a timely and accurate fashion;
- Providing information for colleagues within Editorial and other departments;
- Arranging meetings and travel for the Publisher and CE;
- Attending meetings, preparing agendas and writing minutes;
- Completing expenses for the Publisher;
- Administering and storing contracts on online projects.
- A well-organised, proactive person, who constantly looks for the best ways to get the job done;
- Interested in learning in digital academic publishing;
- A confident communicator both in person and via email;
- Proficient at using standard IT packages (e.g Word, Excel, Outlook)
- A graduate in any subject; or able to demonstrate relevant experience
Click Apply to Begin.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
At SAGE Publishing we embrace diversity and Inclusion. We seek to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief as creating value through diversity is what makes us strong. As a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.