Publishing Assistant, Open Access – 12-month FTC
Are you interested in working in the exciting and fast-growing area of open access publishing? Can you juggle multiple tasks and work accurately to get the job done to deadlines? Could you communicate professionally with authors to give the best customer service? Are you highly numerate and not scared of Excel functions?
Funding agencies, governments and universities often require academics to publish their research free-to-read to all and allow reuse of their work under a specific license with the aim to accelerate innovation and further knowledge. At SAGE, we strive to assist academic researchers to comply with these requirements and grow this part of the business.
- Answering author open access and payment queries accurately and professionally. Liaise internally and with third parties to resolve issues.
- Tracking articles through set processes and ensure that all actions are up to date and problem-solve anomalies.
- Providing administrative support like making website updates and managing changes to guidelines.
- Collating and analyzing journal performance data to provide evidence when business decisions are to be made.
- Coordinating and organising, taking minutes, following up on action points for internal meetings.
- Coordinating discrete projects and journals-wide administration for the OA team when required.
- A well-organised, numerate, conscientious person, with proven administrative skills in a work environment.
- Email-based customer service experience is desirable.
- PC literate: competence with Excel and Outlook is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and understand, learn and follow new procedures.
Click Apply to Begin.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
At SAGE Publishing we embrace diversity and Inclusion. We seek to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief as creating value through diversity is what makes us strong. As a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.