Editorial Assistant, Peer Review
The Editorial Assistant, Peer Review will be responsible for supporting SAGE’s internal and external personnel in the effective use of a number of online peer-review systems. In working towards that objective, the EA will manage the roll-out of bespoke peer-review sites for journals in the peer review portfolio, arranging for customisation of journal workflows and providing on-going training to external editors. It’s a busy role which will bring the EA in to contact with a broad array of individuals across the organisation. It therefore requires a meticulous attention to detail and an aptitude for working both independently and as part of a team.
- Assisting the Online Project Manager in the roll-out of ScholarOne Manuscripts™ and other online peer review platforms to an agreed budgeted number of journals annually.
- Supporting journals already using ScholarOne Manuscripts™, or other online peer review platform as and when queries arise.
- Providing help and advice to users of the ScholarOne platform.
- Supporting department-wide initiatives and projects, as required.
- A proactive and self-motivated team player.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- A strong interest in journals publishing and a keen appreciation of challenges and opportunities faced by the industry.
- Attentive, meticulous and careful about the quality of the work you do.
- Outgoing and proficient in dealing with individuals over the phone, in person and by email.
- Able to prioritize your workload depending on the needs of the stakeholders.
Click Apply to Begin.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
At SAGE Publishing we embrace diversity and Inclusion. We seek to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief as creating value through diversity is what makes us strong. As a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.