Desk Editors x2
Schofield & Sims is seeking two enthusiastic Desk Editors to join their friendly team, working on educational resources for both the school and trade markets.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Desk Editor or Development Editor who is looking to take on more responsibility and be part of a close-knit editorial team at an established independent publisher.
The successful candidate will be highly organised and self-motivated, with the ability to manage their time and workload effectively. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, as are a keen eye for detail, a strong interest in children’s education and a desire to play a key role in producing educational resources of the highest quality. The successful candidate will have worked in children’s educational or illustrated publishing previously, and will have experience of development editing and project management. Ideally, they will also have a working knowledge of InDesign.
Key responsibilities include:
- managing book projects from manuscript to publication, including development editing; liaising with authors, freelance editors and proofreaders; and collating corrections
- briefing designers and illustrators to develop designs for book inners and covers
- writing back-cover copy and marketing copy
- managing reprint corrections and overseeing revisions to backlist titles
- conducting market research and arranging reviews of proposals and recent publications
- checking author contracts and clearing permissions
- carrying out general administrative duties, including ensuring that company systems are up-to-date and contain accurate and relevant information
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
by Wednesday 27th November 2019.
Salary: £25-30,000 depending on experience