SALES AND OPERATIONS EXECUTIVE
Severn House is a vibrant independent publishing house, specialising in commercial fiction, especially crime and thrillers, romantic sagas, horror and historical fiction for primarily the British and American library markets. In 2017 we were acquired by Canongate Books, but remain independent within the group. We are looking for a meticulous Sales and Operations Executive with an enthusiasm for systems and data to join our small team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining accurate bibliographic records and disseminating new title information
- Dealing with any queries and updates relating to the bibliographic platforms (UK and US)
- Checking that title information is correctly represented on major industry databases and retail sites
- Liaising with our UK and US distributors (TBS/GBS and Ingram) for order, returns and discount queries
- Providing regular sales reporting and analysis for both internal and external use as well as research and collation of ad hoc sales figures
Reporting to and supporting the Director of Sales and Operations, you will be passionate about data-informed decision-making. You will be analytically minded and have good communication skills. Organised and proactive, you will have the ability to resolve any title-related issues that might arise and deal with any non-editorial author queries. Accuracy and attention to detail are essential, as is the desire to keep up to date with changes in publishing.
The candidate must have experience using Microsoft Office and, in particular, Excel.
Previous publishing experience would be an advantage.
Salary: £22,000 per annum
This is a full-time position based in Notting Hill, London W8.
To apply, please email your CV (including contact details for two references) and a covering letter to Michelle Duff – email@example.com
The deadline for applications is 5 July 2019.
Please note: due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you do not hear from us, unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position. We will keep your information securely until 20 December 2019. Unless you are the successful applicant, all of your information will be deleted and destroyed from our systems at that point.