Story Terrace is a dynamic, fun and fast-moving start up with big ambitions. We help people capture their life story, professional journey or company history using professional writers, editors and software. Our offices in Los Angeles and London intelligently match customers with one of our 500 professional writers to create beautiful, full-colour books more affordably than ever before.
We are looking for an exceptionally organised and highly literate Project Editor with great people skills to join our friendly team. The right candidate will become an integral part of the editorial team and will see their own projects through from sale to finished book. They will also liaise with clients, writers, designers, printers and other suppliers daily. In this role, they will be reporting to the UK Managing Editor and will also work closely with the Senior Project Editor and the UK Sales Manager.
As our Project Editor, you will:
- Project-manage a high number of books to schedule and to a consistently high quality
- Liaise with a diverse list of writers
- Have daily contact with clients, acting as first point of contact for your projects
- Put books through production: editing, proofreading, liaising with book designers, ordering books etc
- Ensure that end products have undergone final editorial and proof checks
- Assist the Managing Editor with writer recruitment.
Experience, skills and interests required:
- 2-3 years’ experience in an editorial role (preferably in trade publishing)
- Successful track record of titles published on time and to budget
- Proven project management skills
- A superb eye for detail
- Ability to use Gmail, Word and Excel. InDesign skills a big plus
- Strong communication and people management skills
- An interest in people’s life stories
- An interest in working in an entrepreneurial environment.
This is an exciting professional role requiring a strong editorial background and excellent communication skills.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Louise@storyterrace.com.