Managing Designer – Children’s Fiction
£ Competitive (SW London)
Stripes is a dynamic and innovative publisher of award-winning children’s fiction, and part of the 2018 IPG Children’s Publisher of the Year, the Little Tiger Group.
We are looking for a highly motivated and creative Managing Designer. This is a full-time, permanent position. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record within the field and be able to demonstrate a passion for children’s books – from illustrated young fiction to YA. Alongside excellent design skills, a thorough knowledge of the market is required and the ability to mentor and motivate a small team.
- Manage the Design team and provide support as required
- Build existing brands, including Dirty Bertie and Holly Webb’s Animal Stories
- Commission illustrators and bring new talent to the list
- Develop innovative ideas and formats
- Manage schedules, budgets and contracts for print and digital formats
- Oversee and sign off on all titles going out to repro
You will be well-organised, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and you will thrive in a fluid working environment. Creative flair and a meticulous eye for detail are essential, as is technical expertise. A sense of humour is key, as is the ability to be flexible and turn your hand to a multitude
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to be an integral member of a vibrant, forward-thinking team producing the very best in commercial and child-friendly fiction.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your CV and a covering letter stating your current salary and notice period to Ruth Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Monday 15th April, 2019.
Visit our website: www.littletiger.co.uk