Reports to: Neil Hardwick, Head of Design & Licensing
Based: Head Office (Leicester)
The Role: In this role, you will be an integral member of Sweet Cherry’s growing design team, developing and designing a variety of licensed and own brand products. The successful candidate will have proven a creative flair, a good working knowledge of design software and familiarity with design and print techniques.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to play a critical role in our growing company and gain valuable experience in the industry.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A fantastic portfolio of work to wow us!
- An understanding of and interest in the publishing process
- An understanding of the design process
- Commercial awareness and a passion for design
- Flexibility, willingness, enthusiasm and confidence
- A positive work ethic & great sense of humour!
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute regularly to design meetings with concepts and ideas
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure the team meets timescales and expectations
- Produce designs that show creativity and an eye for detail
- Work alongside members of other departments in the company
- Brief freelance artists on projects
- Work with Licensors to ensure licensing work meets expectations, makes creative use of supplied assets and follows style guides rules on content and usage
- A positive can-do attitude and willingness to learn and adapt quickly
- Good working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
What we offer:
- Free tea, coffee and a lot of snacks!!
- Monthly team activity
- Free onsite parking
- Workplace pension
Working Hours: Our flexible working hours are 40 hours a week, Monday – Friday, 8 hours a day (30 minute or 1-hour lunch break unpaid)
Holiday: 20 days plus bank holidays
Location: Sweet Cherry Publishing, Unit 36, Vulcan House, Vulcan Road, Leicester, United Kingdom, LE5 3EF
Salary: TBC, Negotiable based on experience
Deadline for applications: Thursday 30th April 2020
To apply: please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com