Reports to: Neil Hardwick, Head of Design & Licensing
Based: Head Office (Leicester)
The Role: In this role, you will be an integral member of Sweet Cherry’s design team, developing and designing a variety of licensed and own brand products that capture and promote the company vision. The successful candidate will have a proven creative flair and the ability to manage projects from initial concept to completion. You will be experienced and skilled in your craft. You will also have fluency in design software and knowledge of design for print. You will ideally have a background in children’s publishing.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to play a critical role in our growing company.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A fantastic portfolio of work to wow us!
An understanding of the entire publishing process
A technical understanding of the design process
A strong commercial awareness and passion for design
Flexibility, enthusiasm and confidence
A positive work ethic & great sense of humour!
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute regularly to design meetings with concepts and ideas
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure the team meets timescales and expectations
- Produce final designs that show creativity and an eye for detail
- Lead individual projects, but also be a part of collective design projects
- Work alongside members of other departments in the company
- Brief freelance artists on projects
- Work with Licensors to ensure licensing work meets expectations, makes creative use of supplied assets and follows style guides rules on content and usage
- Experience being part of a busy creative team and working on multiple projects
- High competence using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a design role
What we offer:
- Free tea, coffee and a lot of snacks!!
- Monthly team activity
- Free onsite parking
- Workplace pension
Working Hours: Our flexible working hours are 40 hours a week, Monday – Friday, 8 hours a day (30 minute or 1-hour lunch break unpaid)
Holiday: 20 days plus bank holidays
Location: Sweet Cherry Publishing, Unit 36, Vulcan House, Vulcan Road, Leicester, United Kingdom, LE5 3EF
Salary: TBC, Negotiable based on experience
Deadline for applications: Thursday 30th April 2020
To apply: please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com