HOME WORKING Book Publicist/Senior Book Publicist
The Book Publicist is looking for a home working experienced publicist to join our PR agency.
We are a boutique agency, leading the way in publicity for non-fiction books.
We manage PR for a range of books specialising in business and self-development, but also including autobiographies, parenting, health and cookery books. The Book Publicist has a growing list of clients and are retained by leading London publishers as well as working direct with authors on one-off launch campaigns and on-going author profiling and thought leadership PR.
- Planning and executing your own publicity campaigns
- Writing clear, concise and engaging press releases
- Brainstorming and researching ideas for campaigns
- Writing thought leadership articles and ‘top tips’ features for the media
Skills, knowledge, experience
- At least two years’ experience in books PR
- Excellent communication & copywriting skills
- Have great relationships with journalists
- Drive and ambition to get the best results for your books
- Determination and resilience – to maintain efforts until results are achieved
- Attention to detail
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and able to balance multiple clients at one time
- Write persuasive press releases and pitches
- Have an interest in current affairs and an understanding of topical news
- Enjoy working as part of a team
If this sounds like a job for you, then please get in touch….
We offer competitive salary, dependant on experience. The role is a full-time permanent position based in our office in Hay on Wye. However, in order to get the right candidate we are also happy to consider part time and remote/flexible and home working arrangements.
To apply, please email your CV, a covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements outlined in the ‘skills, knowledge and experience’ above, your salary expectations and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline 28 February 2018.