Publicity & Promotions Assistant
Turnaround Publisher Services is a leading London-based book distributor providing sales, marketing and publicity services for publishers based in the UK and abroad, ranging from large corporates to small independent presses. Our impressive list of clients features award-winning publishers covering a dynamic range of subjects including fiction, non-fiction, art, photography, and graphic novels.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working Publicity & Promotions Assistant with excellent copywriting, communication, database and tech skills. They will join our lively marketing department and engage in creating and co-ordinating promotional materials to present to the book trade and to the media. Some outside-hours work is required for book launches and trade exhibitions.
Previous experience of publishing and databases is desirable, but just as important is an interest in the media and the subject areas that Turnaround serves.
Successful candidates will have:
- Excellent written skills with the ability to create engaging copy to promote a dynamic and varied list of titles, as well as text for press releases and social media.
- The ability to multitask and work to strict deadlines with accuracy and flair.
- Very strong IT skills – experience with Excel, basic HTML and databases.
- Experience using social networking and online media as marketing tools.
- Some knowledge of Adobe InDesign and PhotoShop is desirable.
- Confidence to manage a wide range of projects and a very busy workload.
- An interest in current events, popular culture, online and print media, and a wide variety of book and comic book genres.
Closing date: Friday 23rd March 2018 at 5 pm
Starting salary is £20,500 pa, rising to £21,000 pa after a 3 month probationary period.
Please email your CV, Covering Letter, current salary and notice period to the attention of Claire Thompson at Marketing@turnaround-uk.com.
Due to the high volume of applications received, unsuccessful applicants are unlikely to receive a reply.