Unbound is a crowdfunding publisher that gives people the tools, resources and freedom to bring their ideas to life.
We’re a team of writers, designers, publishers and web developers working together in an old converted warehouse by the Regent’s Canal in central London. Half of us spend our time producing and publishing our books, the other half building Unbound and its community.
We’re looking for creative self-motivators who love making amazing things and rising to any challenge. Entrepreneurial, natural collaborators who always put the work first. People who see every project as an opportunity to make something great.
We are looking for an energetic project editor with three years’ proven trade editorial experience to project manage from delivery to publication a selection of Unbound’s exciting and wide-ranging list of fiction, non-fiction and illustrated titles.
Core responsibilities include:
- Project managing multiple and varied titles to the highest editorial standards, keeping to critical path and budget
- Taking the lead on author communications throughout the editorial and production processes
- Liaison with in-house departments to ensure production schedule, cover design, promotional materials are all to critical path
- Commissioning and liaising with freelance structural editors, copyeditors, proofreaders and indexers, choosing the best team for the job, monitoring standards and keeping to budget
- Managing proof collation and the entire corrections process accurately and efficiently
- Commissioning, designing and managing the production of illus. sections, maps, picture and text permissions, libel readings and other approval processes as necessary
- Three years’ proven trade editorial experience
- Excellent proofreading and copyediting skills
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Highly organised with an ability to set priorities within a busy workload
- Enthusiasm for innovation and meeting new challenges
- Working knowledge of Consonance an advantage
This role offers an opportunity to develop editorial skills across a wonderfully varied list, and to learn about Unbound’s unique publishing model.
Deadline for applications 20 December 2019
Please apply by emailing CV and covering letter, citing EDITOR (maternity cover) in the subject line, to email@example.com