Reports to: Head of Publicity
Unbound is a uniquely innovative, award-winning and rapidly growing publisher and platform. We publish a broad range of books, both fiction and non-fiction, from established literary names to bloggers and YouTube stars. All our titles are crowdfunded by an audience passionate about making them available to the general reader.
We're seeking an enthusiastic candidate to join our publicity team, assisting the head of publicity with the smooth running of the department and on major campaigns, as well as independently managing PR for your own titles each month. This is a growing team with room for progression.
This is a great opportunity for a publicity assistant seeking their next step in a varied, challenging and rewarding role, working across the list at one of the UK’s most exciting and diverse publishers.
Essential skills and experience:
- You will have at least one year’s experience working in a publisher’s publicity team, assisting a PR director on their campaigns.
- Experience writing press releases and pitching for coverage and organising book mailings.
- Accompanying authors on press visits and at festival events.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Implementing new organisational systems to assist a busy department.
- Evidence of strong, professional author care skills are essential.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Independently planning and executing your own campaigns.
- Experience working on both fiction and non-fiction titles would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Gorkana would be very useful.
- Outgoing and energetic, you will be confident communicating across all levels with a can-do attitude.
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills, with proven ability building and maintaining relationships.
- You will be a proactive team player, used to identifying areas where you can assist the department as well as the wider business.
- You will have a passion for publicity and for working with authors, and be ready to jump into your own campaigns.
- Must be flexible, and able to work evenings and weekends as required.
Please apply with Publicity Executive in your subject line to email@example.com.
Principals only – no recruiters please.