WME is a leading global entertainment agency. Named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, WME represents artists and content creators across books, digital media, film, food, music, television and theater. WME is part of the Endeavor (formerly WME|IMG) network.
This is an opportunity for an organised, enthusiastic individual with a passion for the entertainment industry to support and experience a variety of areas of an exciting international agency where learning, development and progression are supported and encouraged.
This position is a demanding administrative role. The Office Assistant provides general support to the HR, Operations & Literary departments, and will support individual agents during periods of assistant absence.
The ideal candidate will be a meticulous, proactive problem solver with critical thinking skills, good judgement and the ability to prioritise. They will demonstrate flexibility, exceptional attention to detail and be a great communicator, as well as having:
- a passion for the entertainment industry
- previous administrative experience in an office environment
- an understanding that client service is of the highest importance
- fantastic communication skills, both verbal and written
- strong MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- an upbeat, positive demeanour, responsive to constructive feedback
- exceptional organisation and time management, quick prioritisation and an initiative-taking, problem-solving approach.
- the hardworking, professional and flexible attitude necessitated by the fast-paced, dynamic nature of the office.
The Role – responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
For the literary department:
- Reading, responding to and tracking unsolicited manuscript submissions
- Maintaining client database
- Recording and following up on client contract and invoicing details when required
- Logging books and keeping display books filed alphabetically
- Providing support to individual literary agents to cover assistant absence
For the HR/operations department:
- Drafting correspondence, particularly to support international travel
- Scheduling interviews and meetings
- Providing assistance to visiting agents from other offices
- Supporting on CSR activities and in the organisation of staff events
- Answering and logging phone calls, distributing post, and other administrative duties including filing, scanning and copy-typing
- Providing daily lunch cover on reception
- Providing general support, with occasional longer-term projects
- Covering staff absence on TV and Literary agent assistant desks, reception and mailroom
- Performing ad hoc errands and tasks for agents when required
- Full training will be given on WME systems and procedures
Complete confidentiality must be maintained at all times. All WME employees are required to sign a confidentiality agreement, and any breach of this agreement will result in immediate disciplinary procedures.
How to Apply
Please submit a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Office Assistant’.