Sales & Marketing Executive/Director (depending on experience)
- Innovate, recommend, and implement consumer and institutional sales and marketing strategies for both What on Earth Publishing imprints and all frontlist and backlist titles, working in concert with outside publicity and marketing firms, sales agencies/distributors, brand partners, authors, and agents
- Create trade sales budgets by title, track actual sales and report quarterly on performance to budget by title, customer. Create marketing budgets and track expenditure.
- Set strategy for and manage company website, blog and social media accounts, as well as overseeing on-line marketing platforms, including Amazon and Goodreads, keeping the content accurate, up-to-date and relevant and running specific marketing campaigns as appropriate. Review and share post-mortem analysis of each measurable campaign for future opportunities.
- Manage metadata, maintaining accurate records of all titles on Stison, maintaining Onix feed to Nielsen, Coresource etc. Supply metadata to UK and Australian sales agencies and warehouses to deadlines supplied and update as necessary. Working closely with marketing designer, oversee the creation of all sales and marketing materials (including seasonal catalogues, BLADs, seasonal conference presentations, and AIs) and assets, and ensure timely distribution
- Liaise with warehouse - monitor sales, dues, title data; send orders for processing as necessary; troubleshoot problems
- Maintain excellent competitor knowledge to inform and drive marketing strategy. Continually research new marketing tools, platforms and strategies
- 10+ years’ experience in children’s books sales and/or marketing
- Very collaborative, organized and detail-oriented
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting
- Excellent ability to lead outside teams
- Expertise in children’s books social media marketing, publicity, sales management, and/or sales agency and distribution management
How to Apply
- Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line, ‘Sales and Marketing’
- Closing date 7th August 2019
- We’re afraid we can only get back to successful applicants. No agencies, please.
- Thank you and good luck!