About Yoto: Yoto is an interactive audio platform founded by experienced entrepreneurs that aims to change the way children access audio content. The Yoto ecosystem revolves around a curated library of stories, music, activities, sound effects, podcasts and radio. Children listen to the content on Yoto Player, a safely connected speaker that is controlled using physical cards with NFC technology. Our partners include Roald Dahl Story Company, Penguin Random House, Hachette, Macmillan, Harper Collins, Naxos, Bonnier and more. Luke Kelly, grandson of Roald Dahl and MD of the Roald Dahl Story Company, is on our board, and we are well-funded – backed by leading investors. Our fast-growing team has extensive experience in the worlds of tech, music, publishing, marketing, toys, audio and product design.
The role: Whether licensed from industry-leading publishers or record labels, or created from scratch by our in-house creative team, we strive to bring only the best of the best children’s audio content to the Yoto platform. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and motivated content coordinator to help us manage Yoto’s exciting content list, working alongside the Content Director to schedule, organise and promote our rapidly expanding library. You might be doing things you’ve never done before, but you’ll have the ability to find solutions and think on your feet.
This is a full-time role based in our office in London, Angel, with flexible working hours or remote working where possible and appropriate. Many of the team are parents and we truly understand that life and work need to work together.
No two days will be the same. It’s a really exciting time to join Yoto, but we are moving fast, and there is a lot to achieve. Therefore there’s no set list of responsibilities, but the following non-exhaustive list will give an idea of what you’ll be doing:
- Support the Content Director in the acquisition of new content and its addition to the library.
- Liaise with key rights holders and provide excellent support to external licensors.
- Write exciting and engaging copy for individual titles and multi-card packs.
- Manage the content schedule and ensure metadata for all titles is accurate and in keeping with Yoto brand guidelines.
- Manage cover art for all Yoto titles in collaboration with our in-house designer, sourcing cover files from publishers and/or briefing new covers for original content.
- Support the Senior Audio Producer with the creation of new audio content, including communication with studios, casting assistance and script support.
You will have at least 2 years of relevant experience in a comparable business and a demonstrable passion for children’s content – books, TV, film, music etc – is essential. Preference will be given to candidates with a background in children’s publishing, TV/film, radio/music or licensing. Other key skills include:
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail (essential).
- Knowledge of the children’s audio market (desired).
- Flair for writing engaging and exciting copy.
- Passion for audio content and technology.
- Ability to think on your feet and learn fast.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity (tax-efficient EMI share options).
- 25 days holidays (pro-rata).
- Workplace pension.
- Exciting ride in a fast-growth start-up.
Drop us an email at email@example.com with the header “Content Coordinator” your CV, salary expectations and a brief message explaining why you’d be perfect for the role.