Yale University Press, London Office – Sales & Marketing Assistant
£ Competitive London
Job Title: Sales & Marketing Assistant
Reporting to: Sales & Marketing Director
Full Time – 35 hours per week
Salary: Circa £20,000 to £22,000 per annum depending on experience
Yale University Press seeks a dynamic Sales & Marketing Assistant with strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills to troubleshoot our sales and marketing information and critical path and maintain timely, accurate data entry. Meticulous attention to detail and excellent organisational ability essential. Would suit graduate seeking their first publishing job.
Purpose of job
To work across all departmental teams to provide administrative support in maintaining the Yale University Press London critical path, and support Sales and Marketing functions through timely and accurate data
To be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting sales and marketing information recorded in the TMM database.
- Monitoring, reporting and chasing key data elements across departments on a monthly basis in line with the critical path.
- Organising meetings and setting agendas.
- Liaison with distributed list publishers on matters of stock, sales and bibliographic data.
- Troubleshooting bibliographical data enquiries from our London office website, in addition to our distributor John Wiley, Amazon, Nielsen and other bibliographic data services, as well as ensuring data standard compliance and completeness with respect to prices, publication dates and statuses.
- Conducting bookshop outreach with MailChimp campaigns to booksellers and our BSOTM blog feature.
- Running digital marketing campaigns for key titles through Amazon, specifically organising Amazon advertising and assembling A+ title content.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work closely with all departments to ensure high standards of copy and accuracy are maintained, as well as meeting the necessary deadlines required for sales and distribution.
- Responsible for Liaison with London client publishers (Getty, Hazan, PMC and NGC) on publication data and critical path deadlines for sales materials.
- Collaborate with sales, editorial, our American office and distribution partner colleagues.
- Meeting scheduling, material production and minute taking where appropriate.
- Marketing content creation from TMM database: including PowerPoint presentations.
- Contribute to the content, design and layout of marketing materials for distribution titles.
- To provide administrative support for UK and International Sales conferences.
- Regular communication with US Sales and Marketing teams on data issues.
- To perform any other duties from time to time as required by the Sales and Marketing Director.
Person Specification – Key knowledge & skills
- A creative and entrepreneurial approach to seeking opportunities and delivering process improvements.
- Good interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Meticulous, attention to detail.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Commercial acumen.
- Ability to work cross-functionally.
- Ability to prioritise and problem solve.
- Strong time management.
- Market awareness within the publishing industry.
- Analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office particularly Excel.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Strong mathematical and budgeting skills.
- Educated to degree level.
- Understanding of ONIX and data management protocols.
- Familiarity with website CMS systems.
Originally founded in New Haven Connecticut in 1908, Yale University Press has a unique position as the only American university press with a full-scale publishing operation in Europe, publishing serious non-fiction that contributes to a global understanding of human affairs. Our diverse and prize winning list includes numerous prestigious museum and gallery partnerships including the Yale Center for British Art and the Fitzwilliam Museum, the Pevsner architectural guides series and books by globally respected authors including Carmen Bambach, Terry Eagleton, A.C. Grayling, Richard Holloway, Clive James, Yasmin Khan, Geoffrey Parker, Nicholas Penny, Aileen Ribeiro, David Rieff, Sir Roy Strong, Zeynep Tufekci and Amanda Vickery.
Yale University Press London is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We value, promote and seek diversity.
What we can offer:
Yale University Press London offers a generous package of benefits including accommodation deposit and travel loans, a cycle purchase scheme, a lively social scene and a generous pension scheme. As Co-organisers of the annual Bedford Square Arts Festival, our staff enjoy access to the Bedford Square gardens at lunchtimes throughout the summer months.
The role will be based in our offices on Bedford Square in Bloomsbury WC1, with convenient access to the Northern and Central lines as well as many bus routes.
Please send your CV and supporting covering letter (including availability, notice period details and current salary) to:
Robert Owen (Head of People & Office Operations): email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 27th November at 5pm
Processing and safeguarding your data - Please see YUPL’s candidate privacy notice: