We are excited to be working with a leading Academic publisher in the Social Sciences who is looking to appoint an Academic Library Sales Manager to grow their direct-to-library sales of digital products and platform, focusing initially on the UK and later on global expansion.
This is a very exciting role joining them at a time of incredible growth of their digital offering, and it will suit someone with a strong commercial sense, a solid knowledge of library sales, and a vision on how to develop the global academic sales strategy.
This role will entail:
- Managing and nurturing relationships with library accounts, via regular communication and meetings, to ensure renewal of digital subscriptions and increase of library sales
- Liaising with content aggregate to identify potential for direct sales with libraries
- Overseeing pricing strategy
- Assessing the existing sales strategy and reviewing existing academic accounts to design and implement a growth strategy for both sales done via aggregators and direct sales
- Attending key events and conferences such as UKSG and other university days and events
- Potentially taking on line management of 1 or 2 other members of staff (depending on experience)
The ideal candidate will have a very good understanding of the academic publishing market, and strong presentation and negotiation skills. We are looking for a publishing sales / account management professional who will show enthusiasm for and commercial acumen within the higher education and digital learning sector.
The position is based in London and following a hybrid model with 3 days a week in the office.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.